E Co.’s environmental policy
13 November 2019, Category: All insights, News, Tags: business, company culture, consulting, consumption and waste, E Co., education, environmental impact, environmental policy, europe, green principles, how to, learning, low carbon, plant based, recycle, reduce, repurpose, reuse, Training, UK
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
E Co. is committed to undertake steps and to be an environmental leader. As a company, we adhere to the following green principles:
- To focus our core business on facilitating a positive environmental impact.
- To minimise our consumption of resources and the impacts of our waste.
- To foster a company culture that is continuously committed to increasing its environmental effectiveness.
- To consider the global environmental impact of our operations and to endeavour to influence our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders towards increased ambition for environmental action.
- To continuously educate, train and learn from our employees and associates as to how our work and our ways of working can better support the planet.
In order to operationalise our principals, E Co. has committed to the following goals:
GOAL 1.1: Minimise emissions linked to office premises and local operations.
GOAL 1.2: Minimise emissions generated from travelling and undertaking consulting work in other countries; offset emissions from essential travel.
GOAL 1.3: Minimise emissions from company-catered events by consuming a low-carbon, plant-based diet
GOAL 1.4: Establish our baseline emissions (scope 1-2) and set a reduction goal for 2020-2021.
Waste reduction and recycling
GOAL 2.1: Reduce, reuse, repurpose and recycle our office- and home office-related waste.
Voluntary service for the environment
GOAL 3.1: Expand the company’s positive environmental impact by supporting pro-bono and voluntary initiatives that strengthen and inform our core principles.
Certified B Corporation
In recognition of our commitment to make a positive impact in the world including in the environment, E Co. has been certified as a B Corp:
“Certified B Corporations are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.”
The Company is committed to continual improvement of environmental performance. This Policy will be communicated to all staff, contractors and suppliers, and be available to the public through selected media. The policy will be revised on an annual basis, with input from E Co. staff.
To speak to the team further about our policy, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org