News: E Co.’s new year’s resolutions 2019
What are you doing for the planet in 2019?
A brand new year means a fresh opportunity to make positive environmental lifestyle changes. We’ve shared some of our own new or renewed pledges to Mother Earth in 2019:
- Plan ahead for (fruit and vegetable) growing season.
- Have one new eco-resolution per week. I’ve already made my own (very efficient!) deodorant simply with bicarbonate and water. The next one is to make my own toothpaste.
- Walk or cycle to school and nursery; take the train to work and cars for day trips only.
- As a UK STEM Ambassador, continue mentoring a girls’ secondary school and working collectively and 1-1 with teens on their UK STEM projects this school year.
- Plant a bee garden with my children.
- Eat vegetarian/vegan 4 days a week – work towards 5.
- Use oat milk rather than cow’s milk; reduce cheese in our diet.
- Buy second-hand toys and clothes for my children.
- Finalise a workshop for parents on how to raise conservationist children, and on how to manage anxiety about bringing children into a carbon-constrained world.
- Go to the farmer’s market, religiously, to avoid packaging on our food and buy local and seasonal.
- Use washable, reusable hemp and linen cloths bought from The Eco Shop and Boots, instead of cotton single use makeup removers.
- Compost food waste to feed my worm farm.
- Keep working towards the ultimate goal of taking the house off the grid.
- Use printed newspaper as wrapping paper.
Do you have any you’d like to share? Comment in the box below.